Friday, July 2, 2010

Object Lesson | Stud Finder

Source (Where I saw it): Original

Supplies: A Stud Finder

Preparation: None

The object lesson & how I used it...

Main Point: God created us, and knows the best plan for our lives!

Illustration: Let's say I saved up for a really long time and I mean a really, really long time in order to buy myself a brand new flat screen TV.  Now if I took a really long time to save up and buy this flat screen TV, how many of you boys and girls know that I would take extra care for it.  Now how many of you would hang up your flat screen TV on the wall?  I want to too, but I can't just hang it anywhere. If I hang it just anywhere, the wall may not be strong enough to hold it up.  Imagine if my brand new TV fell off the wall and got smashed to pieces!  I would lose all I saved up for. I have to find the strong points in the wall.  Inside a wall are things called studs... no not muscle men, but pieces of wood or metal that hold up the wall.  This is what I want to anchor the TV on.  The best way to find the studs is with a stud finder like this one.  By Finding the strong points in the wall through a stud finder, I can hang up the TV the right way.  You see boys and girls, God is our stud finder.  He builds His plan for us around our strong points, and if we follow it we can do what is right and not be afraid of falling!

No comments:

Post a Comment