Sunday, January 9, 2011

Object Lesson | Calendar Change

Source (Where I saw it): Original

Supplies: Two Calendars, one old (As old as you can get) and one current.

Preparation: None

The object lesson & how I used it...

Main Point: It is our choice to follow God's plan!

Illustration:  Show the kids the two calendars.  Ask them what you are holding.  Explain to them yes thats right these are calendars.  Now I have a calendar from 1977 and one from this year 2011.  Which one do you guys think I should use for this year?  Well of course I have to use the one from this year 2011.  If I used this old one I would have a lot of dates wrong and of course this calendar has already been used.

Explanation of the point:  You see boys and girls if we always do the things we have always done nothing will change and it actually messes us up.  Things are always changing and so are we.  It is up to us how we change though.  We want to plan and change for the better!  We want to say that we are closer to God, and following God’s plan for our lives better this year than last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment